Repartition sda2?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Encerspay

Repartition sda2?

Post by Encerspay »

I need to repartition my sda2 so I can install Linux Mint 13 alongside my Windows 7. Well, when I click "install Linux Mint" and then it just takes me to resizing partitions. So, I click sda2 and there's no option to repartition under "change!" I can do this for every other partition I have except for sda2. I'm super frustrated and I'm about to be gone without my computer for a few days, so I'd like this solved as soon as possible.
All help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
oobetimer

Re: Repartition sda2?

Post by oobetimer »

I suppose that you have to swapoff a swap partition before an operation. GParted screenshot would clarify the problem.
Encerspay

Post by Encerspay »

I need HELP.
This is the issue:
I'm on Linux Mint 13. I installed it off a disc I burnt the torrent to, and on the desktop, I clicked "Install Linux Mint".
A screenshot of what appears is included.
Since there's no selectable option to install Linux alongside Windows, I assume I must repartition my sda2 myself.
Sigh.
So, I click on sda2, I click change, and a screenshot of what appears is included.
Please help???
I really want Linux Mint 13 on my laptop.
Thanks in advance.
oobetimer

Post by oobetimer »

That is mint4win installation, which locates inside /dev/sda2. Snake cannot eat itself, so you have to re-partition via liveCD/USB .. :wink:
Encerspay

Post by Encerspay »

That is mint4win installation, which locates inside /dev/sda2. Snake cannot eat itself, so you have to re-partition via liveCD/USB .. :wink:
Haha, wow! That's helpful!!! :)

So, um, how do I do that, exactly? I'm such a noob.... :roll:
Encerspay

Post by Encerspay »

Thanks to you wonderful members of this forum, I am successfully running Linux Mint 13 and Windows 7!
You guys ROCK.
I can't thank you enough!!!!!!!!
Encerspay

Post by Encerspay »

Well now I need help....
I want LibreOffice on my desktop, but when I drag the icon link onto it, it's broken......
HELPPP
oobetimer

Post by oobetimer »

Encerspay wrote:Well now I need help....
I want LibreOffice on my desktop, but when I drag the icon link onto it, it's broken......
HELPPP
Make a launcher. An example LibreOffice Writer:
libreoffice --writer %U

How to make a launcher in linux: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjVrB4Q3Kjs&feature=plcp
MHull

broken libre office icon

Post by MHull »

I also need to recreate a working desktop icon for LibreOffice. I watched the YouTube video but I'm afraid I can't follow it. Where do I get the icons from? Sorry but I need really basic step by step instructions :oops:
Thanks

Return to “Installation & Boot”