Amazed

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Amazed

Postby dpwilson on Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Although I am not terribly computer literate, I have been installing operating systems (mostly out of self defense) since my first PC in 1991 (I guess my TI 99/4A doesn't qualify as a PC). All have been Windows including 3.11, 95, 98 (what a train wreck) 98SE, ME (also a train wreck) , XP Home, XP Pro (really not a bad OS, just cumbersome , large, slow and not really secure). Last weekend (after another disastrous virus that wiped out my boot section) I decided that I had had all I could take and installed Ubuntu . The install was better than any Windows installation I ever did, but because Ubuntu couldn't recognize my video card and because I had limited time, I installed my second choice - Mint. My reaction is the subject of my post - amazed. I have never experienced an OS installation that easy, clean and professional. After installation Mint wanted to install my updates - didn't ask a thousand questions, just installed them. All of my hardware was identified and works perfectly. I am now a total Linux convert and will be installing Mint on my other PC's. Micro-who? Thanks to the Mint team - keep up the great work.
dpwilson
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Amazed

Postby newW2 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:56 pm

Welcome to the Mint family dpwilson! We're glad you like Linux Mint. Yours is not an uncommon reaction for people who take a test ride in this great distribution. Remember, the more people that hear about your experience the better; send them on over, we welcome them all. :D
newW2
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Installation & Boot