Safe Or Out

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
everready

Safe Or Out

Post by everready »

I'm running Mint 11 Katya for which support runs out in October this year, I'd upgrade to Mint13 Maya but Mint4win isn't available as a download medium in 32 bit.. i suppose i could continue to use it because Linux doesn't have the security concerns like Windows. Would it be possible to forward this message to the developers as there are more than a few people that need this wonderful tool? If not for this tool in combination with the Virtual Clone drive i wouldn't be using Linux.. because my CD ROM was broken at the time i wanted to try Linux.

Thanks for Linux Mint the best free OS and thanks to the hard work of the developers.. :mrgreen:
everready
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wayne128

Re: Safe Or Out

Post by wayne128 »

I think karlchen's

How to Perform a Mint4win Installation of Mint 13 32-bit

should help you.

link below
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... in#p636967
everready

Post by everready »

Thank you very much wayne128 I'll have a look see.. :wink:
everready

Post by everready »

Phew!~ 915 MB she's a big one, now as long as i can get mint4win to load it up onto that virtual clone drive and my
XP Pro I'll be in business.. :)

this is the clone drive, its a very good tool its helped me several times, when your without a CD ROM its the
tool to have in your toolbox..

http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

Thanks for your help..
everready
everready

Post by everready »

Well i should have node better than to take some untested advice and run with it, oh not that anything got hurt excepting maybe my feelings. Somebody said you could install Mint 13 Maya using mint4win in a 32 bit as long as it was the KDE version :lol: yes i waited and waited and waited an hour & 1/2 for the ISO to download.. :oops:

Duh!
everready

Return to “Installation & Boot”