This method enable numlock during login and after login, so you have the numlock always ON in your LINUX MINT and LMDE
1) FIRST, install numlockx : sudo apt-get install numlockx
2) SECOND, go to menu and type startup application and opent it.
3) Click on +add
4) On "Name" put NUMLOCK ON
5) On "Command" put /usr/bin/numlockx on
6) Click on "+add" and "close" .
7) Go to /etc/mdm/Init/ and edit Default
Add before exit 0 these lines:
if [ -x /usr/bin/numlockx ]; then
exec /usr/bin/numlockx on
Just restart your computer and next time you turn on it you have Numlock On always.
Stilloving from Argentina, Buenos Aires