About linux mint gnome in mint 13

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
siddarth

About linux mint gnome in mint 13

Post by siddarth »

Hi guys. Right now I am trying out the Linux mint 13 on DVD. I need to install it by formatting the harddrive. I kn ow how to do that. After formatting will I get the Gnome desktop, like the one I got in mint 12. If i dont what should I do. In the DVD version I am not getting any Gnome eye candy. Should I install it on the hard drive to make it so, or use any other installation like XFCE or the Cinammon 64 bit or the mate please let me know.

If this is not possible please let me know hot to upgrade to xfce eye candy after installing mint cinaammon 13 on HD.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Re: About linux mint gnome in mint 13

Post by caf4926 »

No
You need to be using the Mate version of Mint 13 Maya, which replaces Gnome 2 look and feel. Use this and everything will be much the same as you are use to
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Re: About linux mint gnome in mint 13

Post by caf4926 »

caf4926 wrote:No
You need to be using the Mate version of Mint 13 Maya, which replaces Gnome 2 look and feel. Use this and everything will be much the same as you are use to
The _64 bit version of Mate is here
http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=104
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon

Return to “Installation & Boot”