How to create bootable USB disk

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
eugeneg

How to create bootable USB disk

Post by eugeneg »

Please can someone point me to instructions on creating a bootable USB pen drive containing Mint. I have the ISO file.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: How to create bootable USB disk

Post by catweazel »

eugeneg wrote:Please can someone point me to instructions on creating a bootable USB pen drive containing Mint. I have the ISO file.
Stating your current operating system would be helpful.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
eugeneg

Post by eugeneg »

Why ? As it happens I have an 90 day trial of Win8 installed on the HDD but I would like to boot off a USB thumb drive. Or perhaps you are asking which OS I would be using to run the software that will create the USB drive - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
BoscoBearbank
Level 2
Level 2

Post by BoscoBearbank »

Find yourself a copy of unetbootin (for WIndows, given that you'll be using Win7 to create the bootable USB stick), install it, and run it. It's really quite self-explanatory.
eugeneg

Post by eugeneg »

Excellent. Thanks BoscoBearbank.
wazntme

Post by wazntme »

I just jumped back into linux after 10 years and just did this the other day from W7

Google pen drive linux simple windows program did the trick.
usbtux

Post by usbtux »

Please see http://usbtux.hostzi.com/How_to and specifically http://usbtux.hostzi.com/livecd
a liveCD on usb that allows you to keep documents, wallpaper and bookmarks between reboots.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

eugeneg wrote:Or perhaps you are asking which OS I would be using to run the software that will create the USB drive
Indeed.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Return to “Installation & Boot”