[solved] Nadia fresh install ERROR

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
geoffm

[solved] Nadia fresh install ERROR

Post by geoffm »

I just did a fresh install on a system that had a LM13 installed on a separate partition. After the installation I had an error window titled "Error removing initramfs-tools" saying "subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1". I have no idea what this means. Then it said "Installation Complete".
Then when I booted, it got stuck at the first splash screen wih the small red dots flashing endlessly.
Good thing I had my LM13 system still operationnal on another partition. when I rebooted in LM13 I had a warning saying my boot partition only has 3.9MB of disk space remaining. This is strange because it wasn't full before and I think the /boot partition was formatted. The /boot partition has 104 MB.

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz
Intel 965GM GPU
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
geoffm

Re: Nadia fresh install ERROR [solved]

Post by geoffm »

Ok, I put the iso on another usb drive, ran the install again. This time I made sure I formatted the /boot partition. The first time I didn't check the format option for that partition and right after it said it needed to format it and I clicked ok so I assumed it formatted it. This time I didn't get the error message upon installation and the system booted fine.
Unfortunately, I lost the grub entrys for my previous LM13 installation, but I guess I won't need it if this installation works properly.
Btw, the removable drive applet doesn't work (its icon doesn't appear) appart from that, no noticeable bug. Display settings seem more stable.
joez

Re: [solved] Nadia fresh install ERROR

Post by joez »

Are the error messages during a fresh install saved in a log file somewhere? I noticed several but was unable to make note of what they said, and can't find anything in /var that looks like them.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: [solved] Nadia fresh install ERROR

Post by karlchen »

Hello, joez.

Have you inspected the files in /var/log/installer? You will need root privileges in order to view most of them.

Kind regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Installation & Boot”