HP Envy 6t and mint4win

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

HP Envy 6t and mint4win

Postby thekgb09 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:09 pm

I have an HP envy 6t ultrabook running windows 7 with the Intel smart response enabled for faster windows boot times. I installed Mint 14 64-Bit cinnamon by mounting the iso and running mint4win. Most times when booting my laptop I receive a complaint from mint about the file system not being closed correctly and that in need to do a chkdsk /r(I attribute this to the Intel smart response). When it does boot correctly Mint says that it is preparing the installation and then it eventually boots to the desktop where everything will be cleaned out and anything I have changed is reset.

I don't think I will be able to install mint the normal way along side Windows because the last time I tried that (With Ubuntu 12.10) windows deleted the entire partition and I had to restore the mbr to be able to boot windows again.

I am wondering if anybody else has been experiencing anything like this and might have a solution. I know Intel is going to keep its smart response drivers to itself but there may be a way around the issues it causes to other OS's

Thanks
thekgb09
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Installation & Boot