Mint 14 Cinamon text size in mdm too small to see

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
stantonworrier

Mint 14 Cinamon text size in mdm too small to see

Post by stantonworrier »

Hi Guys
I am a relative noob. I have installed LM 14 cinamon and resolved the issue with mdm throwing me backout when I try to log in (install Nvdia drivers ) . However I am now unable to see the text entered in to the log in field as it is way too small.

My question is: how do I change the font size at the log in screen?

Simon
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
stantonworrier

Re: Mint 14 Cinamon text size in mdm too small to see

Post by stantonworrier »

bump
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Menu>Administration>Login Window

Check Accessibility tab top entry "Allow users to change fonts is checked? or not?
Try each way as don't see an adjustment for font or know which system font is used for logon
stantonworrier

Post by stantonworrier »

Hi
Thanks however I have already tried that with no effect. There must be a config file somewhere tat needs editing just dont know enough about Linux to sort it out :(
Adelante

Post by Adelante »

I sympathize. It's my one beef. For me, it's the menu and Synaptic. Neither will enlarge no matter what I've done. Once I installed everything I use regularly and set up docks, I never look at either much anymore, so I'm less troubled. I haven't been annoyed with the sign-on, but I know it's tiny. It would be nice if the issue were uniformly resolved, I agree.
stantonworrier

Post by stantonworrier »

The frustrating thing is that I had the same issue with LM13 and found a post that pointed me in the right direction to resolve it I have looked for days now but can't find that oldpost :-(
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

When wanting better linux mint solutions use google with linux mint followed by required text to find more info.
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 7&t=103090

If that isn't what you are looking for google linux mint and play on words to maybe come up with other results.
tlaw13

Post by tlaw13 »

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 7&t=103090
was not help because his location addresses are not there.
Look close at the addresses.

Return to “Installation & Boot”