Upgrade from darnya to elyssa

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Upgrade from darnya to elyssa

Postby srdempster on Fri May 02, 2008 6:44 pm

Rather than update to ubuntu 8.04, I don't really wanna wait for full release of elyssa.I'd like to beta test it how do I upgrade I've tried apt-get dist-upgrade, but no luck unless following it wrong.
Thanks Steve
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever" - M.K. Gandhi
srdempster
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Upgrade from darnya to elyssa

Postby 67GTA on Fri May 02, 2008 9:28 pm

If you are running Daryna, edit your /etc/apt/sources.list and replace all instances of "daryna" with "elyssa". then apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, and apt-get dist-upgrade. That should do it if the Elyssa repos are up yet.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Postby rhvkl on Mon May 12, 2008 4:58 pm

Can someone confirm this method please?

Other question: from elyssa beta upgrading to elyssa final as easy as upgrading from daryna to elyssa beta (in a few weeks)?
rhvkl
Level 3
Level 3

Postby Fred on Mon May 12, 2008 5:07 pm

Just remember, It is beta, an early beta at that. It is suppose to be broken. :-)

The idea is for you to find the problems, and hopefully the fixes, and report back to the developers. That is the purpose of having a beta. It isn't suppose to be stable and useful as a desktop system. It is suppose to be a work effort on your part for the project.

Fred
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and each time expecting a different result.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on the menu. Liberty is an armed lamb protesting the electoral outcome. A Republic negates the need for an armed protest.
Fred
Level 10
Level 10

Postby Fred on Mon May 12, 2008 5:12 pm

This is a direct quote from Clem.
Hi, it's technically feasible but not recommended and there won't be any upgrade instructions until Mint 5 becomes stable.

Clem

You are on your own my friend. :-)

Fred
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and each time expecting a different result.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on the menu. Liberty is an armed lamb protesting the electoral outcome. A Republic negates the need for an armed protest.
Fred
Level 10
Level 10

Postby Lantesh on Mon May 12, 2008 5:47 pm

67GTA wrote:If you are running Daryna, edit your /etc/apt/sources.list and replace all instances of "daryna" with "elyssa". then apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, and apt-get dist-upgrade. That should do it if the Elyssa repos are up yet.

Just so everyone knows I tried this and it did not work. While a few packages did upgrade to newer versions I'm still on Daryna.
Lantesh
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Installation & Boot