Install error: "The disc drive for /tmp is not ready..."

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Install error: "The disc drive for /tmp is not ready..."

Postby seth61 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:38 pm

I am new to the Linux world and am installing Mint as part of a my first PC build.

When trying to install from the LiveCD, I get the following error after several minutes of the status bar scrolling: "The disc drive for /tmp is not ready yet or not present". I am given the option to hit "S" to skip or "M" to manually mount the disk.

I hit "S", and after several more minutes, one of two things happens - either it brings me to a logging screen prompting me for a user name and password (but since I haven't actually setup anything yet, I don't have any valid credential to use), or I get a series of scrolling error messages. Either way I hit a dead end.

I think it may be a corruption in the iso I burned, so I am going to try re-downloading and burn a new DVD. However, my computer has no HDD, I only have an Intel 530 Series SSD that I want to install to. It's brand new out of the box, so I don't know if there is anything I have to do to prep it before I can install to it. I assume not, but its worth asking...

Thanks for any help you can provide!
seth61
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Installation & Boot