Can't switch to password required for login.

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
c-rover

Can't switch to password required for login.

Post by c-rover »

I when I upgraded to Mint 14.0, I selected the "passwpord not required to login" option during the instalation. I have used this option for years, and have been pleased with it. Now, since I have added my 12 year old son in an account on this computer, I want to have the standard User Name: / Password login. In Users and Groups > User Settings (I am Administrator) I have changed the setting to "Password: Asked on login. But, even though I have switched the login in User Settings, and it reads correctly every time I check it, it still boots straight to my account.

I have tried changing my password, but that did not help. I can switch users to my son's account, but have to return to my account to shut down. I have looked for, but have not found a solution for this problem. I will be very greatfull if someone can help me. Thank you for reading this!

I have an Asus desktop, with an AMD Sempron 2800+ processor (32 bit), dual boot with Nadia, and XP, my data and music are on FAT 32 partitions.
--
Regards,

c-rover
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Can't switch to password required for login.

Post by viking777 »

See if this works - login with your account then run

Code: Select all

sudo mdmsetup
Go to the security tab and untick 'automatic login'.

Return to “Installation & Boot”