[SOLVED] Boot options don't show up anymore

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
monere
Level 4
Level 4

[SOLVED] Boot options don't show up anymore

Post by monere »

Hi,

Yesterday I installed Mint 13, Xubuntu 12.04 and Netrunner 12.12 (I think) and everything was fine with each OS.

But 2 hours ago I installed Windows Vista Ultimate x64 on drive C (don;'t worry, I formatted the drive as NTFS from within Linux beforehand, using gparted) and now, after finishing installing the mobo, video, sound, etc drivers and restarting the machine Linux doesn't show up anymore as an option at boot start. The PC logs onto Windows automatically :(

Please help! I don't know how to fix the bootloader and I don't feel like wasting 4-5 more hours re-installing each version of Linux all over again and customizing everything.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Boot options don't show up anymore

Post by karlchen »

Hello, monere.

Boot-Repair should help you solve the problem.
You might also consult this Howto article: RecoveringUbuntuAfterInstallingWindows.
Do not be afraid, because both links point to Ubuntu pages. Ubuntu and Mint are pretty close relatives. So what works for Ubuntu is not totally unlikely to work for Mint as well.

Good luck,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
monere
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Boot options don't show up anymore

Post by monere »

Thanks Karl! I will take a look at it in a moment
monere
Level 4
Level 4

Re: [SOLVED] Boot options don't show up anymore

Post by monere »

Edited the post as solved cause problem is solved indeed.

There are some entries in the boot menu that I have no idea where they came from or why, but I can live with this as long as everything else works as before the issue :)

Cheers!

Return to “Installation & Boot”