<Solved> Mint 14 Mate 64 error during install with encrypt

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

<Solved> Mint 14 Mate 64 error during install with encrypt

Postby JoelleEmmily on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:39 pm

While trying to install LM14 Mate 64bit onto an USB memstick with a primary ntfs partition in the beginning of the drive and a primary ext4 partition filling the rest mounted as “/”, the installer gave an 'exit code 1 when trying to enable home encryption. Hitting retry brought me back to the user page with the encrypt option disabled, re-enabling causes loop. Hitting continue allows setup to resume but the home directory is not encrypted. When install was complete, manual encrypt of home directory was possible and system operated normally.

Several attepts at reinstall caused the same error, installation to HDD with similar partition setup also reproduces the error. Installation with a 'traditional' partition setup does not cause the error.
Last edited by JoelleEmmily on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoelleEmmily
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mint 14 Mate 64 error during install with encrypt home d

Postby jhehe on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:08 am

don't encrypt home folder and change ntfs to fat32.
jhehe
Level 1
Level 1

<SOLVED Mint 14 Mate 64 error during install with encrypt ho

Postby JoelleEmmily on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:03 pm

jhehe wrote:don't encrypt home folder and change ntfs to fat32.

Jhehe thank you very much for your reply but your suggestions fail to resolve the deficiencies in the Mint installer and fail to meet my post install requirements.

In any event, if this error is still relevant to anyone, I've traced the error to the scripts called by ubiquity. The Live DVD for Linux Mint 14 Mate uses a legacy ubiquity which contains this bug. To solve this error simply update the ubiquity package using apt-get.
JoelleEmmily
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Installation & Boot