Failure Boot after ISO Install process

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Failure Boot after ISO Install process

Postby JCMENG on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:17 pm

I'm running an AMD 6 core with an ATI 6950 for the last 3 years running Ubuntu. The last version installed 12.04. I saw the new mint and decided to try it. I CD tested the mate, Cinnamon and KDE, love the freedom and interface, review all the installation topics to check on possible issues and decided to clear install it. All went well no errors. remove CD from Drive and press enter. I have my BIOS to boot from CD fist and then HD. PC goes through the BIOS sequence then the boot from CD come up on screen , HD starts and then all stop. At this time I took the Linux Mint CD and restarted with CD verified that the HD had all the information from the installation all directories were present with the complement of software. After trying everything and then some for three days to get it to work and could never get anything else but boot from CD at the top of the screen, I gave up and went back to re installing Ubuntu without any problems. I could not get any information from the boot sequence as the PC frozen. I have a couple of spare HD's and my machine has swappable bays so I'm planning to keep trying at least looking for the why it is getting stuck but runs without any problems out of the CD. If I can get some other things to try I'm more than willing Thanks in advance.
JCMENG
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Installation & Boot