I decided to make this quick post to help those that are in a similar situation as me and can't get LM14 to boot from the disk thanks to the new oppressive UEFI crap.
I just bought the ASUS desktop-replacement laptop. Looks very nice, runs smoothly. But seriously, f**k Windows 8. I have fully transitioned to only using LM14 and anything else hurts my eyes, honestly. When I put the disk in, I was able to do the WUBI thing but when the computer rebooted, I was given some stupid error about there being some invalid files or whatnot. After some searching through ambiguous posts and comments, I put together a few pieces of the puzzle. Here's my solution in layman's terms:
1. Boot into the BIOS by pressing F2 at startup.
2. Go to Boot and Disable Secure Boot.
3. You'll see the option for this thing called CMS. Enable that.
4. Another option should come up that says something like Legacy DVD something or other. Just enable the Legacy thing.
5. Save and exit.
6. Boot into BIOS again.
7. Go to the Boot section.
8. You should see several boot options now instead of just the Windows Boot Manager. Pick the device you want to boot from to be as Option 1. (In my case, I chose the DVD drive)
9. Save and Exit.
10. This time, the laptop should boot right into the setup DVD with no problem.
11. Eradicate the tyrant OS that is trying to claim UNJUST control from YOUR machine and install nice, clean, fresh Linux Mint.
I hope this is helpful to people out there that are stuck!
One Love, and keep information Free!
Thank you to all those people that contribute to Open Source OSes like Linux Mint.
It's truly become a beautiful OS, much better in my opinion than Windows or OSX. Thanks again.
Related info/tags (for people searching on google):
Aptio BIOS CD boot 0xc000007b linux mint install error x64