Installation freezing at the partition window

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Installation freezing at the partition window

Postby R@f on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:59 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to install Mint on my desktop computer since this morning but I still didn't manage to install it. It always freezes when I want to create my partitions, for the "Along side operating system" install type as for the manual one. I can just move the mouse but everything else doesn't work (every window is freezed). I have the exact same problem when I try installing Ubuntu instead of Mint !

I'm using a USB stick formated with Universal USB Installer as installation media and my desktop computer is by far powerful enough for Mint (i7 3930k (6 cores), 32GB RAM, GTX 680, 180GB Intel SSD + 1To HDD). I have Windows 7 installed on it for the moment. As my computer is new, I have this UEFI thing which I'm not really familiar with, could this be the source of my problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
R@f.
R@f
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Installation freezing at the partition window

Postby yrrchsebor on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:43 pm

hi, i had problems installing both Mint and Ubuntu as well, but i fixed it by removing the installer slideshow: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=119215.

however, my installs were freezing after the partitioning part, so i don't know if that is your issue. i wonder if there are any UEFI settings that would prevent the installer from partitioning your hard drive. in general i know you want to disable secure boot, but i wonder what else it could be..
yrrchsebor
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Installation & Boot