Acer Iconia W500

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Acer Iconia W500

Postby smid87 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:18 pm

Update: I have installed Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon along side Windows 7 and so far a love it. Two problems I can see are no keyboard on login and no rotation. I seem to do just fine without the gestures. Is there anyone out there that can help a newbie figure this out?

I have the above mentioned tablet and I upgraded the SSD to 256GB and ghosted the original SSD. This works great. I partitioned half the drive for Linux and now I want to install Linux. I am interested in Mint, but have some concerns. Will I still be able to rotate my tablet (automatic or manual)? Can I still use gestures? Is this the best Linux version for a tablet, and if not, which one is? I am looking for a dual boot set up on this machine. I am familiar with dual booting, just not with Mint.

Acer Iconia W500 Specs 2x AMD C-50 Processors with 2 GB installed memory. Mine has an upgraded SSD (256gb). The Dock has a SONiX keyboard (USB) and a button mouse. All of this is working, even the Bluetooth!!! I just need the tablet to work standalone (not docked). It appears the G-Sensor is not recognized in Linux,but Windows reports it as a Bosch sensor. It does not seem to recognize the monitor other than monitor - 0. I am guessing this is a generic? Perhaps if it did recognize it, it might get the rotation to work.
smid87
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Installation & Boot