Acer Iconia W500

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Acer Iconia W500

Postby smid87 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:18 pm

Update: I have installed Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon along side Windows 7 and so far a love it. Two problems I can see are no keyboard on login and no rotation. I seem to do just fine without the gestures. Is there anyone out there that can help a newbie figure this out?

I have the above mentioned tablet and I upgraded the SSD to 256GB and ghosted the original SSD. This works great. I partitioned half the drive for Linux and now I want to install Linux. I am interested in Mint, but have some concerns. Will I still be able to rotate my tablet (automatic or manual)? Can I still use gestures? Is this the best Linux version for a tablet, and if not, which one is? I am looking for a dual boot set up on this machine. I am familiar with dual booting, just not with Mint.

Acer Iconia W500 Specs 2x AMD C-50 Processors with 2 GB installed memory. Mine has an upgraded SSD (256gb). The Dock has a SONiX keyboard (USB) and a button mouse. All of this is working, even the Bluetooth!!! I just need the tablet to work standalone (not docked). It appears the G-Sensor is not recognized in Linux,but Windows reports it as a Bosch sensor. It does not seem to recognize the monitor other than monitor - 0. I am guessing this is a generic? Perhaps if it did recognize it, it might get the rotation to work.
smid87
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Installation & Boot