Wubi and Linux Mint

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Wubi and Linux Mint

Post by 67GTA »

You can if you recompile wubi with a custom Mint ISO according to the wubi wiki. You would probably still have some problems afterwards because of the subtle differences between Ubuntu and Mint. I don't know enough about wubi to help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Husse

Post by Husse »

I have not studied wubi - you have to limit yourself somewhat....
I'm not sure of the outcome as there are differences, not big but remember man and chimp has the same DNA to 98 % or so.
It will not be included with Mint because of the differences....
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MagnusB »

I guess this is more up to the Wubi developers, you could probably ask them to make a Mintified version of Wubi.
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

I've seen several requests on the Ubuntu forums for Mint to be included. Maybe they will give in.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Husse

Post by Husse »

MagnusB wrote:I guess this is more up to the Wubi developers, you could probably ask them to make a Mintified version of Wubi.
Yes - but I think the problem (if it is a problem) they won't - I think I read somewhere it takes to much time (=resources) that don't exist

Return to “Installation & Boot”