Won't Wake From Sleep

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Won't Wake From Sleep

Postby signasl on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:33 pm

I finally dumped Windows in the house buy my wife is not happy because of an issue we are having with Sleep\Hibernation. I have read many forums that talk about people having problems with there computer not going to sleep or hibernating or having an issue waking up HOWEVER my problem seems to be a little different. I am have HP Desktop Linux Mint 14 64Bit (if you need more info please let me know, again new to this). The computer will sleep\hibernate just fine and it appears to wake up BUT the screen stays black. To clarify the power button goes from Orange to Blue on both the Computer and Monitor and the monitor appears to be on (it gets slightly brighter) however it just stays on a black screen and never gets to a point to login or anything. Eventually I have to hard power down the computer and turn it back on. We use the computer a lot so I like to leave it on, however my wife wants it to sleep to conserve energy. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help so I can keep my wife happy and so I don't have to move back to windows.
signasl
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Installation & Boot