I am getting the characteristic black screen upon using my bootable USB installer. I am using a brand new Lenovo Thinkpad T430 with an Nvidia NVS 5400M graphics card and an Intel Core i5 processor. I'm trying to install LM MATE Ed 64-bit by putting the latest .iso on a USB using ISOtoUSB. I've tried the following with both the regular iso and the no-codecs iso:
1. Boot from USB, get welcomed by GRUB, select "Start Linux Mint", press Enter. Black screen.
2. Boot from USB, get welcomed by GRUB, select same thing but with compatibility mode, press Enter. Black screen.
3. Boot from USB, get welcomed by GRUB, select "Start Linux Mint", press 'e', add "nvidia.modeset=0" between "quiet splash" and "--", press F10. Black screen.
4. Same as #3, but replace "nvidia" with "nouveau". Black screen.
5. Same as #3, but replace "nvidia.modeset=0" with "nomodeset". Black screen.
6-8. Same as #3-5, but also deleting "quiet splash". Black screen.
9-16. Same as #1-8, but with the no-codecs iso.
17-32. Same as #1-16, but with AHCI disabled.
What's the problem?