I need help how to install LM13 into UEFI mode.

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

I need help how to install LM13 into UEFI mode.

Postby ajcm on Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:23 am

Hello to all:

I didn't bought a pre-installed windows 8 OS PC, I only bought one motherboard Asus P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0, Intel i3 core 3200 x2, and 4gb Ram(1066 mhz). I don't like install 2 OS in the same HDD, I have one HDD 500 GB for windows 7 64 bits and other HDD 500 GB to install any linux, I don't like a dual boot. I want to use mode uefi directly to install linux mint 13 64 bits, but I've only been able to install linux mint 14 64 bits uefi mode but with the RUFUS software which create "GPT partition in uefi bios" but this work more slow. Ubuntu 13.04 64 bits beta runs install directly in uefi mode but I don't like Unity, I change the desktop but it don't works fine.. My problem is I don't know much the linux system and less linux programming. I want only install linux mint 13 directly uefi mode. In the bios I have checked AHCI system sata because I have seen It works faster and I think that the uefi mode works more fast. I have two options in the bios:

-Windows UEFI: -Standard.
-Custom: 3 types of files ( It isn't Known for me)

-Other OS.

I am sorry that my English is not very good and I will not be correcting the google translator is very bad.

Thank you very much and I hope your answer.
ajcm
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Installation & Boot