remove the networking symble? daryna 4.0

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
leo5111
Level 4
Level 4

remove the networking symble? daryna 4.0

Post by leo5111 »

id prefer to not have it visible along bottom taskbar its unchecked , in same area as you can uncheck show mounted drives but its still there :shock:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: remove the networking symble? daryna 4.0

Post by Husse »

I don't know but you may have to restart X for this to take effect
(ctrl+alt+backspace)
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

Leo,

Are you talking about the icon with two computers sitting in the panel down by the date & time in the default installation? That is the nm-applet (Network Manager) for your system. If that is the Wired Network Connection icon, I am unsure if you want to do to much fiddling with that. It might lead to some future problems. I could be wrong, but I would be wary of wholesale deletion at this point.

What you are describing ( mintMenu > Preferences > mintDesktop ... Desktop Items ... Network ) is not the same as the nm-applet in the panel. They are different. Please make sure of what you need before pressing the delete key. Maybe I am just over-cautious.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Oops
If you remove the nm-applet > good bye network :roll:
I did not consider this which I should have - thanks rivenought
(You could add wicd or so but that's another story)

Return to “Installation & Boot”