Error when live cd is run

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Error when live cd is run

Post by 67GTA »

It is a harmless error. It should disappear after installation.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

I believe we have all seen that notice pop up at least once. After that first time, I have not seen it since.
Cori
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Cori »

I have the same error here; the "There was an error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon" message pops up. I can close the error box, and then the Mint 5 desktop appears with no problem. I start the install from the Live CD and I can get to step 4 of 7, but when I try to run a guided partition, the laptop seems to lock up. I figured that it could take a while with having to partition the drive, but I let it run for over two hours.

I have tried three different disks on two different formats (+R and -R). I hesitate to use the "full disk" install option because I'm a little nervous about losing any version of Mint (currently have 4.0 with all updates).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Cori

Return to “Installation & Boot”