Problem with Bianca installation (solved)

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Problem with Bianca installation (solved)

Postby Fabien on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:59 am

I have found solution by myself (learn to read te forum, dude!!!). Only keep all default setting about keyboard layout, timezone and language and it's done. However, just a little problem on reboot (no boot on Mint or WINXP) solved by running Mint live CD one more time and use Gparted to flag boot partitions...

Hi,

I have recently discovered Mint and i love it, but i have a strange problem.

I will install Bianca on a dual boot with WinXP already installed. When i try to install Bianca on my HDD, the installation will not past the step 6. After i have set the disk size (60GB of free disk space available), i click on next and....nothing happens except the cursor rollin. I have wait a long time before stopping. No error message coming and no changes are made on HDD (still free disk space, no partitons are created). I have check if some mounted partitions block the process but is not the case.

Previously, i have used Ubuntu 5 on this system without problem but with standard installation method.

If someone has a solution or a suggestion, i will be happy because other distro are not so sexy and i want this one!!!
Fabien
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Installation & Boot