Installing and updating

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
T J Tulley
Level 5
Level 5

Installing and updating

Post by T J Tulley »

In replying to a recent post, Hüsse gave some very useful advice in a link:
http://www.linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php ... _partition.

I had expected that the actions described in that advice would have been accomplished by the option to import items from a selected system during the Install process from a CD. Evidently they are not - I have successively discovered that my Thunderbird profile and archives, my Tomboy notes, and my Firefox bookmarks, are all missing from my new Elyssa.

Thunderbird profile and archives (in .mozilla-thunderbird) were successfuly copied from my Daryna /home partition, but copying .tomboy and .tomboy.log has not produced my old Tomboy notes, and copying /bookmarkbackups into .mozilla/firefox has not given me my extensive collection of Bookmarks. I didn't copy the whole .mozilla folder because in Elyssa it contains one extension, which doesn't appear in Daryna.

I shall be most grateful for advice about recovering these items - they are still in my Daryna /home partition which is mounted and readily accessible.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Yours hopefully -

Theo Tulley.
Using a PC with 2GB RAM, 3 hdds and a 1.7 GHz Celeron cpu.
proxima_centauri

Re: Installing and updating

Post by proxima_centauri »

I can make a suggestion for future Firefox bookmarks, use FoxMarks, it's an add-on that will store your bookmarks on the web, meaning you can download them to any computer with internet.

Return to “Installation & Boot”