Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Linux Mint 15 Cinnamon graphics problems

Postby matrixxus on Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:22 am

Hi guys ! :)

I hope You can help me with this problem:

My laptop is HP pavilion g6 with intel I5 core, integreted grphics i think

I created live usb of Mint 15 64 bit Cinnamon , it boots up but than after selecting 'install' or any other option the screen just gos black and nothing happens.

I was able to see the live usb destkop after doing ' NOMODESET' but it gives me rendering mode, with which i installed but than same thing happenes with grub ! I can select Windows 7 which works fine but after i select Mint 15 the screen just gos black and thats it .

Any hints on this one?
matrixxus
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Linux Mint 15 Cinnamon graphics problems

Postby karlchen on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:31 am

Hello, matrixxus.

Please, boot up the machine using your Mint 15 live system once more. Do not forget to add the nomodset argument.
Once the live system is up, please, open a terminal window. Execute this commandline:
Code: Select all
inxi -Fx
and post the screen output here. This will tell us - among a few other things - which graphics card your machine has got and which driver software is in use.
This will help determine which driver software you will have to install on the Mint 15 system on your harddisk.

By the way for the time being, when booting Mint 15 from your harddisk, you will have to add nomodset to the kernel parameters, too. - Here is how it can be done at boot time: using nomodset.

Kind regards,
Karl
Enlightened by Lucid Lynx, enchanted by Maya, impressed by Petra.
karlchen
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Linux Mint 15 Cinnamon graphics problems

Postby matrixxus on Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:43 am

Thank You very much for help. I was busy with my school so had no time to try the solution. I will do it asap and post the results here. Thanks again !
matrixxus
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Installation & Boot