Trying to boot linux Live CD gives gibberish?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Trying to boot linux Live CD gives gibberish?

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:40 pm

Hello and first of all thanks for looking. This looks like a very helpful and friendly community and i will be even more impressed if you can help me sort out my problems :)
So spent a few hours downloading the Linux Mint iso and then noticed i didn't have any cd's laying around so i found a solution to where I can install using only a usb drive. So I got that all setup and went to restart and all i got is a screen with a bunch of unrecognizable letters. Just can't figure it out. I have attatched a picture any help is appreciated! :)

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Trying to boot linux Live CD gives gibberish?

Postby ra3don on Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:52 pm

Guest wrote:Hello and first of all thanks for looking. This looks like a very helpful and friendly community and i will be even more impressed if you can help me sort out my problems :)
So spent a few hours downloading the Linux Mint iso and then noticed i didn't have any cd's laying around so i found a solution to where I can install using only a usb drive. So I got that all setup and went to restart and all i got is a screen with a bunch of unrecognizable letters. Just can't figure it out. I have attatched a picture any help is appreciated! :)

Oops i ment to login first, and it looks like i left out my specs. here they are:
Its a HP AMD based laptop dv9000 with the following specs:

Quanta 30B9 Chipset Mainboard
nVidia nForce 410
AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TK-53 @ 1700 MHz
2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
Nvidia Corp GeForce Go 6150
Hitachi (160 GB) DVD-Rom Drive
MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-851S ATA
SAMSUNG - 17 inches
Broadcom Corp Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-PCI Card
Windows Vista ™ Home Premium Home Edition 6.00.6001 Service Pack 1
ra3don