<Solved> USB-Live LM stops booting after GRUB

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
thesimsone

<Solved> USB-Live LM stops booting after GRUB

Post by thesimsone »

Hi!
I created an USB-Live Linux Mint on an USB drive using usb-creator-gtk from the iso of LM 15 cinnamon 64 bits.
When I try to boot it on my laptop (asus U32V with nvidia Geforce 635 M, with optimus), I can not go further than GRUB menu. Actually, when I choose the first option (start LM), or the second (compatibility mode) or the third one (memory check), I get a black screen and my USB drive becomes rapidly inactive. I tried the 'nomodeset' and 'xforcevesa' tricks but it didn't work. Also, I think that there is a problem already in th GRUB menu: on other laptops, there is a linux mint background that is loaded with the GRUB menu. But on my asus it is just black and white without any image or background... So I guess it is a problem with the graphic card or optimus, but I don't know how to solve it.... Help me :)
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
thesimsone

Re: USB-Live LM stops booting after GRUB

Post by thesimsone »

Actually, it was a problem with UEFI securities. Disabling secure boot and other securities made everything work!

Return to “Installation & Boot”