Linux Mint Installation crashing (dual-head problem?)

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Linux Mint Installation crashing (dual-head problem?)

Postby igoru-san on Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:46 am

Hello folks... First of all, sorry for my poor english, im just an English student from Brazil :)

I've used Ubuntu for almost 1 year... And sometime ago I tried to install a second video card.
Since then, i spent 1 week making ubuntu work well with my dual-head system. After this, i noticed that Compiz gets mad with a second video card. Then, I passed sometime using Windows, and when I got on Linux again, surprise! My video card vanished! I couldn't find it anywhere! >_<

Well... this weekend I tried to reinstall Ubuntu 8.04. I was getting problems while the installer was coping files, at something like 23~26%. I tried again with: other CD (first was a CD-RW, second was a brand new CD-R), other CD drives (at all i tried 5 CD drives and one DVD drive). I tried also Linux Mint. Same problem.

Do you thing it could be some problem with the second video card? Like the installer getting mad when it tries to configure the video system or something like this?

Thank you in advance!

UPDATED: on time... I had problems with ubuntu 8.04. I tried to install Ubuntu 7.10 too, which worked properly. Maybe is the last version having problems with my dual-head system?
Core2Duo E7400 (2.8GHz) | 8GB RAM | GF GTS 450 + LCD 21.5" @ 1920x1080 + LCD 20" @ 1600x900 | 500GB (linux + windows + data) + 120GB (backup) + 1.5TB (backup and data)
igoru-san
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Linux Mint Installation crashing (dual-head problem?)

Postby igoru-san on Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:09 am

OMG there are nobody in this forum to help me? T_T
where's the community?

last night i tried some boot codes from Ubuntu Brazilian Forum that disables some weird things from the motherboard, and i tried also to install linux mint without one of the video cards.
Nothing worked, same problems :cry:

Btw, could someone recomend me other distro, as useful as easy as Mint/Ubuntu, to try?

Updated: should i try to install mint 4 and update to mint 5? or this will only gimme more problems to solve?
Core2Duo E7400 (2.8GHz) | 8GB RAM | GF GTS 450 + LCD 21.5" @ 1920x1080 + LCD 20" @ 1600x900 | 500GB (linux + windows + data) + 120GB (backup) + 1.5TB (backup and data)
igoru-san
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Installation & Boot