HP_Pavilion help

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

HP_Pavilion help

Postby HP_Pavilion help on Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:11 am

Hey everybody, I'm having some problems with installing mint, but not only mint.

I wan't to partitionate a NFTS, but I don't know how, he don't wan'ts to partitionate. I could convert, but the Windows (c) must work. In with thing could I convert FAT36, FAT16, or any other? I've used you're Gparted, but he couldent read how many diskspace already used. Now i'm using a demo of Paragon Partition Manager 9.0 .

Thank you
HP_Pavilion help

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: HP_Pavilion help

Postby HP_Pavilion help on Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:12 am

HP_Pavilion help wrote:Hey everybody, I'm having some problems with installing mint, but not only mint.

I wan't to partitionate a NFTS, but I don't know how, he don't wan'ts to partitionate. I could convert, but the Windows (c) must work. In with thing could I convert FAT36, FAT16, or any other? I've used you're Gparted, but he couldent read how many diskspace already used. Now i'm using a demo of Paragon Partition Manager 9.0 .

Thank you
mail me (master_of_achievments@live.be)
HP_Pavilion help

Postby HP_Pavilion help on Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:32 am

HP_Pavilion help wrote:Hey everybody, I'm having some problems with installing mint, but not only mint.

Thank you

I found a problem, he dont wants to change more then 700mb what can I do
HP_Pavilion help

Postby rbanavara on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:20 pm

do you mean Gparted did not read your disk / disk partitions?

unless there is a real issue, Gparted should normally read NTFS & resize it. make sure you have latest version of gparted live CD and try shrinking your NTFS partition.

There are lot of free / open source partition editors available. I had found the partition manager with PC LinuxOS CD useful, I was having issues with the way VISTA creates partitions.

Also you can find some on thefreecountry.com
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it -Husse
rbanavara
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Installation & Boot