installing Mint from DVD...

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hoppel
Level 3
Level 3

installing Mint from DVD...

Post by hoppel »

I'm just curious: is it possible to burn the livecd on a DVD? The reason is, the cd on which I've burned the livecd is damaged, and I noticed, that the (re)writable cd's in my collection are all in use. (Re)writable DVD's aren't more expensive anymore, and it's already difficult to get cd's, especially rewritable ones. I understand, that the Mint edition should suit in 650MB, but I would really like to be able to burn it on a DVD, because I have plenty of them here and no cd's. I'd also like to have a Mint edition for an USB flash memory.
Is there any hope that this will be provided in the future? Or can somebody tell me how to change the cd iso into a DVD iso file?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: installing Mint from DVD...

Post by proxima_centauri »

Just burn the cd ISO to the DVD-/+R like you normally would to a CD-R. Nearly 3/4's of all my live CD's on DVD-R's simply because I had a stack of 50. Sure it's a waste considering the DVD-/+R holds 4.7G, but if thats no concern...

Never tried DVD-RW's but I can't see why it wouldn't work.
hoppel
Level 3
Level 3

Post by hoppel »

Ok, but I'm wondering that this should work - I remember trying this with Nero and it failed... but I'll try again.
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

It should work fine. You just need to specify that your using DVD media in Nero, instead of a CD before hitting 'burn'.

Return to “Installation & Boot”