Mahjong

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Mahjong

Postby maadamos61 on Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:04 pm

Installed Mahjong but could not find it. I do not have a games grouping a la Bea. However Mahjong is not showing under applications. of any kind, or under all. I have installed Firefox and Acrobat reader and Real Player.. Thanks for the help.
maadamos61
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby NiksaVel on Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:40 am

sometimes installed programs don't create an icon, so you have to do it manually... I am not sure why this happens.

To create an icon manually you first have to know what is the command that launches a program - you find this by pressing alt-f2 and typing mahjong or something similar... you have the autocomplete that will help you..
(if there is a better way, somebody tell me)...

Now, to create an icon in the menu go to: Control center/Desktop/Menu layout. Get into the games directory and click "New Item". Enter a name for your starter icon (whatever) and the command under command. If you want to add an icon, click on the "no icon" button and go to /usr/share/pixmaps directory and look for the mahjong or a similar icon... there are also generic icons in /usr/share/icons directory...

That's it... sometimes you have to wait a bit or restart X for the icon to show up in the menu...
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Installation & Boot