I Cant Get Mint to Boot!

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Dude

I Cant Get Mint to Boot!

Post by Dude »

Ive been having major difficulties trying to get Mint on a live cd. Everything is right, and it still wont boot. ive wasted countless cds trying to get this to work. I need major help because ive gotten advice from people who know Linux and its still not working. I downloaded the iso, i burnt it to a cd correctly, and it just has a bunch of useless files on the cd that arent even executable. Ive used tons of programs to burn it too but nothings working. Im new to Linux, so i need careful instructions. Ive only got one CD left, so i dont plan on wasting it like i did with the other ones.http://linuxmint.com/forum/posting.php?mode=post&f=46#
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Dude

Re: I Cant Get Mint to Boot!

Post by Dude »

alright, Well i already figured out how to boot it. What i need now is to know how to correctly partition linux Mint to my Hardrive. I also have HP Wireless LAN Assistant that wont work on Linux (Need to know how to get it to work). I have 70 GB of unallocated space but i need to know how to get linux into that space without deleteing the Windows format.
Dude

Re: I Cant Get Mint to Boot!

Post by Dude »

OK i tried to download Network Manager but when you go to the Parent Directory to download it they have like tons of file that you can download. which one do i choose? what do i do from there?

Return to “Installation & Boot”