fsck failure after not clean reset

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: fsck failure after not clean reset

Post by Husse »

In your situation I suggest a full reinstall (It takes only maybe 15 minutes)
There can be all sorts of problems if there has been serious errors in the file system. You also know that if you get problems (God forbid) it's not some old crap involved. Unless you stumble upon a simple fix...
Nathan_S

Re: fsck failure after not clean reset [SOLVED]

Post by Nathan_S »

Thanks Husse, will do reinstall while system still works, hope burning utility work, because preffer not to use disk on Key in the current fregile state of my system.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I can't say much about the cause of your problems, but it seems that some memory addresses are "misinterpreted"
This leads me to the question - do you have 4GB RAM? Can cause all sorts of problems - reduce to two gig...
Nathan_S

Post by Nathan_S »

Thanks Husse, following our discussion I've reduced RAM to 2GB, now left only to backup data and re-Install. Currently installed another system, installed elissa, want to use as media center and main unit. I need to add a second HD - FAT32 with media data. Is there an easy way to add a fat32 drive to an existing, working system, please show me reference in forum if possible.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Ouch - I've missed this one - do you still need help?
Nathan_S

Re: fsck failure after not clean reset [SOLVED]

Post by Nathan_S »

No thank Husse - I've made clean install on another computer. Will work on this computer on another occasion.

Return to “Installation & Boot”