Installation issues. Please help!! Help help help

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jc0481
Level 1
Level 1

Installation issues. Please help!! Help help help

Post by jc0481 »

I just burned the Iso and put in the cd on bootup of my computer. If I am not fast enough I don't see the Linux Mint menu. The first one is Linux Mint and the other one compatibility version. I chose the first one a couple of times. I usually get a login screen. It shows user login in 30 seconds. But I kept thinking how can I login if I have not setup a username and password yet?? Only ONE time did I see the Gnome desktop with one of the icons being the install icon. The screen went black on me that time after I double clicked on the install icon.

Also when it does try to login by itself without me keying anything in. It goes black with a red weird lines at the top of the screen for a couple of seconds then it goes back to the login screen. I tried the compatibility linux with no success either. I am wondering why does it go to a login screen instead of a install screen when I have not installed anything at all? Or even given an option of picking my username and password. By the way I am wondering if its my video card that is causing the problems. I have a ATI Radeon Express X200 chipset integrated into the motherboard. I would love to have an option to install restricted drivers but given no option. All I see is the login screen. I wish their was some way I can go to a terminal and type in commands to recognize my ATI chipset. By the way I am installing this into my parents computer as a dual-boot option. They understand the benefits of Linux. The computer is a desktop. It is a HP Pavilion a1210n model. Is there any way to fix this? I hope somebody on here can help with this issue. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Installation issues. Please help!! Help help help

Post by Husse »

I have a feeling this is a bad CD because you should never get a log in on the live CD
Did you check the md5sum and burned s slow as possible?
jc0481
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Installation issues. Please help!! Help help help

Post by jc0481 »

No I did not do those 2 things you mentioned. I may have to download once again and check the md5 checksum this time and I think I did not change the default burning program in Windows. I checked it and it was at the fastest setting. By the way I used imgburn in Windows XP. I will post a followup. Thanks for mentioning that.

Return to “Installation & Boot”