booting on laptop problems

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
minty95

booting on laptop problems

Post by minty95 »

Hello

I have just uninstalled ubuntu to try MInt 5 Main Edition (revision 1) on my laptop MSI megabook S270

The live CD worked just fine but after installing Mint from the CD it I get a blackscreen on the first boot with BusyBox v1.1.3 message and (initramfs) and nothing more

It seems that it is due to my video card ATI radeon express 200M but am stuck on this black screen and don't know what to do to get into Mint

Any help would be nice

I have reinstalled twice and the CD have used it to install on another 'normal' PC so I know that its not the CD
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AK Dave

Re: booting on laptop problems

Post by AK Dave »

Radeon 200 works fine. Thats what my laptop has. Zero problems.

Search is your friend. Use it on this forum. Search string "busybox error". You'll find that the most common problem is a bad CD. Burn it again at the slowest possible speed and try again. Second most common busybox problem, in my opinion, is the version I've seen on more than one occasion myself. It is related to a bad boot sequence. Cold reboot, and it goes away.
Minty95

Re: booting on laptop problems - resolved

Post by Minty95 »

Hi thankS

I had done a look up using the initramfs but not the busyBox

6 installs later, yes 6 ...

Tried 2 differnet burners and at last I tried another burner program and that solved it, Phew :)

Thanks to the program trueimage as it was this that solved the burning problem

Return to “Installation & Boot”