LiveUSB Installer hanging after step 3

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

LiveUSB Installer hanging after step 3

Postby falcone88 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:55 am

Hi,

I've been trying to dual-boot Linux Mint with my existing Vista installation using a liveUSB of Mint. The USB works great -- in fact, I'm posting this from it -- but after I select my keyboard layout, the installer hangs. The progress bar pops up where it prepares the partitioner, but otherwise nothing happens.

If it helps, I'm using a Lenovo T61 with 3 gigs ram, 100 gig 7200rpm HDD, Intel Wifi card (Which obviously seems to be working fine), etc.

Thank you in advance :)
falcone88

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: LiveUSB Installer hanging after step 3

Postby falcone88 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:23 am

Nevermind, I figured it out. I used the Ubootin program from the wiki, setting up the partitions manually in GParted and waiting patiently :)
falcone88

Re: LiveUSB Installer hanging after step 3

Postby JustChris on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:31 am

I'm having the same problem as this person is having, and I'm also using Linux Mint from a USB drive. The installer seems to hang at either one of two places...launching the partitioner (where it sometimes fails with exit code 10) or after all the final configurations are made (that is, selecting your name and password). In the second case, you see a progress bar of the partitioning and formatting take place, but the installer completely closes at some point (like 15% through with formatting).
JustChris

Return to Installation & Boot