Freezing right after boot

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Freezing right after boot

Postby tzeus on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:52 am

Hello,
I have a problem. I am using, or would like to use Linux Mint 13 MATE x64.
Install worked fine, i am using EFI, dualbooting with windows. It worked alright for some days, but yesterday when i tried to boot into linux, the computer froze. I didn't make any modifications to refind.conf, but it just freezes. I start the pc, BIOS post is OK, i get to refind boot selection menu. Windows works without any issues, but when i go into linux there is a black screen and that is all. I modified the boot selection from BIOS to point directly to linux mint, and that gets me to the grub menu, where i can select Linux Mint, and id loads ok.(The only think that is different is a very strange issue with my mouse<I can only use left click on the windows that are opened in the taskbar - to minimize or restore them, anything else none ,of the mouse clicks are working>).
So what should i do in this case? How can i try to repair or ever understand what is wrong? Because black screen is not giving me any info.
I hardware may be of importance i use ASUS B85 Pro 4, Intel Core i7 4770, Kingston v3 120GB SSD and 8gb Kingmax 1333 DDR3.
Thank you
tzeus
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Installation & Boot