Bootable USB

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Bootable USB

Postby DeeJayy on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:36 pm

I was looking around and couldn't really find the answer I was looking for. So if there is one out there please show me the thread. Well my question is how can I make a bootable USB from Mint? I see alot of different programs where you can make one from Windows but since I don't have Windows anymore am I out of luck? Or is there another way to do things that I over looked. Thanks in advance for the help :D
DeeJayy
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Bootable USB

Postby newW2 on Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 am

Windows and Linux how to:

viewtopic.php?t=3250

UNetbootin allows for the installation of various Linux/BSD distributions to a partition or USB drive, so it's no different from a standard install, only it doesn't need a CD. It can create a dual-boot install, or replace the existing OS entirely.

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
newW2
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Bootable USB

Postby DeeJayy on Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:44 am

Ok thanks for the links. I'll follow the thread you posted when I get home. But on another note I tried to install UNetBootin and it said I didn't have the file on my computer? I'm not to sure what to think of it. I'll be able to describe it better when I get home from school and that way I can tell you exactly what it says. Thanks in advance for the help again.
DeeJayy
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Installation & Boot