Linux Mint 5.0 Boot Gnome HELP!!

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cl0ud_nyn3

Linux Mint 5.0 Boot Gnome HELP!!

Post by cl0ud_nyn3 »

I've installed Mint 5.0 R1 on my standard IDE ATA drive, and I'm having problems getting it to boot properly, it will get to the loading screen, and the bar will move back and forth for about 3 or 4 minutes and then it sends me to a screen that says
Busybox1.3.3 <--- blah blah blah

(initramfs) "Please type "help" for a list of commands"

and then I can enter commands, its like x server isn't on, but I haven't even been asked to login or anything, so I don't know =/

I do get errors running the live disk, like I can't partition in EXT3 and It took me like 3 times to get ext2 to work with mint, this isn't my hardware because I was running 4 fine and Mandriva PWP 2008 perfectly so I dunno, I love mint and just want to get this working.

any advice is very much appreciated =)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Linux Mint 5.0 Boot Gnome HELP!!

Post by Husse »

Describe your hardware please
Run lspci and post the result
And perhaps as important describe how your disk is partitioned and if you have more than one disk
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Linux Mint 5.0 Boot Gnome HELP!!

Post by clem »

Check the MD5 of the ISO, make sure you burnt at low speed... and after all that, if it still doesn't work then you probably need some boot options. I've got the same problem on my desktop machine and the trick for me is to add "irqpoll" at the end of the boot command (at boot time, modify the options and add "irqpoll" after " -- "). But again, that's working for my hardware, it could be different for yours.

Clem.

Return to “Installation & Boot”