[solved] Linux Mint 17 installation type crash

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
d.seibert

[solved] Linux Mint 17 installation type crash

Post by d.seibert »

I'm trying to install LM 17 on my computer, and I have a DVD burned with infrarecorder as suggested in the user guide, I checked the md5, and got my computer to boot with the disk. The computer was running Vista, and still has that on it, but I don't want to dual boot, i want to get rid of vista. The problem is that when I got to the "install linux mint" thing that's on the desktop, I choose my language, it goes to the screen that says I have internet and enough space, but the next screen says "installation type" shows a blank list with column labels like "device," "type," "mount point," "format?," etc. It's a lot like this, only it says sda where his says sdb, I only have one hard drive, and I don't want to dual boot. Also, if I click "+" or "change" the install crashes (but not the computer) and it says "Traceback: (a bunch of stuff i dont want to type if i dont have to, this is on a different computer) TypeError:'NoneType' object is not subscriptable"
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
d.seibert

Re: Linux Mint 17 installation type crash

Post by d.seibert »

Actually, a bit more research and I found what I was looking for! It was here if you're having the same problem.]

Return to “Installation & Boot”