I come from Ubuntu, which I've used regularly for over two years, but I wanted to try LinuxMint now because it's easier to use multimedia out of the box. So I installed Elyssa and here are some quirks I discovered during installation (they probably come from the Ubuntu base):
- The manual partitioner routine falsley identified my disks as "SCSI" and therefore labelled them sda, sdb, and so on. I only have IDE harddisks in this PC and expected to see hda, hdb, ... instead. One of the IDE disks are connected to an extra IDE-controller (PCI), and that one is normally identified as sda though. But under this installation of Elyssa it was put first in the boot order (see next point).
- The harddisks weren't identified in the correct boot order (in the partitioner list), which lead to wrong info being written into /boot/grub/menu.lst. Ie: "root (hd2,1)" instead of "root (hd1,1)".
- Language, timezone, keyboard, and left-handed mouse didn't default in the installation to what I've already setup running the LiveCD.
- The desktop ended up in only 640x480 after install.