Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Postby wehrwolf on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:19 am

fbsplasht I would love under ubuntu and I came to halt... it fbsplash it when there is a console in a manner something background and the booting something creates a graphical thing, but not the usplash, neither you are bootsplash or grubsplash :D this was gentoon first, I found description next for debian and I am hoping for him that is going under mint.

http://fbsplash.berlios.de/wiki/doku.ph ... ros:debian

I am found so far, that I installed the program and a topic I put it into it his place. I do not understand it on the other hand how it is necessary to put this where punctually. "splash=silent,fadein,theme:THEME quiet CONSOLE=/dev/tty1". It is beside ubu an sabayon(kipróbálásképpen but monstrosity) too I analysed it on my machine the menu.lst this is in him row.

"root (hd0,2)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.24-16-generic root=/dev/sda3 ro quiet splash=silent,fadein,theme:emerge-world quiet CONSOLE=/dev/tty1
initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.24-16-generic"

but nothing copied it there happens ...
initrd.img-2.6.24-16-generic -> this is not needed according to me to tease dares this was refreshed with the loading of the slpashutils. I believe it put it into it that the program is needed.
Can somebody help?
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: fbsplash

Postby Husse on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:25 am

Sorry - this is not possible to understand, at least for me
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Level 23
Level 23

Return to Installation & Boot