Laptop Bios Options

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jimwelchok
Level 1
Level 1

Laptop Bios Options

Post by jimwelchok »

I have yet to get my Laptop to totally work on Linux. According to web searches, I need to set BIOS options when booting. Different sites say different things. Could the Installer detect my laptop type and preset the correct BIOS setting? I have little confidence in my choosing the correct options, especially as Linux improves.

IF i bite the bullet and set the options, will the next upgrade of the kernel pick up my options and pass them on to the next version?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Laptop Bios Options

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

Aas far as i understand your situation hit the F2 key or whatever it says when your computer boots - it happens really quickly - so it may take a couple of attempts to get the info. when you it it upon turning it on....you set the boot up to CD/DVD rom so that it reads that drive first - on my thinkpad I believe it hate to move that choice to the first or top position so it reads the CD of linux Mint upon bootup and from there do the install or run as live CD. that is it.

edit: you have to use the arrows keys to highlight and move stuff for this procedure. takes a little trial and error to get it working....
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!

Return to “Installation & Boot”