Cannot load Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca on Lenovo 7220

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Don Oliver

Cannot load Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca on Lenovo 7220

Post by Don Oliver »

I am trying to install Mint 17.1 Rebecca 64 Bit on Lenovo ThinkCentre Model 7220 with Intel Dual Core 3.0Ghz. The disk will start to be read then a message appears on screen saying :No Emulation System Type -80". The disk stops being read and the PC reboots and goes through the same cycle again. I was able to install the 32 bit version but had to use the 2nd option on menu to force the installation. I looked for this same option on the 64 bit version menu but do not see it. Tried the "compatability mode" but that didn't work either.

2nd question - I already have 32 bit going on the Lenovo. Is there a way to upgrade to 64 bit without going through the iso disk method?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Cannot load Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca on Lenovo 7220

Post by richyrich »

Unless you have way more than 4 Gb of RAM, I suggest you stick with what works . . :wink:
Don Oliver

Post by Don Oliver »

That may be the best option although I do have 8Gb of RAM
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Don Oliver wrote:2nd question - I already have 32 bit going on the Lenovo. Is there a way to upgrade to 64 bit without going through the iso disk method?
You cannot turn a 32-bit installation into a 64-bit installation by some kind of "upgrade process". If you want to turn the existing Mint 17 32-bit installation into a Mint 17 64-bit installation, this will be a fresh installation from scratch.
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Installation & Boot”