UEFI booting [SOLVED]

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Loloto

UEFI booting [SOLVED]

Post by Loloto »

Hello, I have an Asus X550C, with UEFI as boot loader.
The first time I had to create several partitions to get boot my notebook. One partition to ??, the second 300mb to the bootloader, the remainings as usual, OS, swap and /home. Also is needed turn disabled the new loader (PXE OpROM disabled)
It has become a headache to reinstall linux, the first attempt I get a message from Grub couldn't load, I tried to run boot-repair but it refused because UEFI wasn't enabled, I did it enabled and getting the same mesage.
Trying anything I assign the first partition as /boot and the things go wrong. Now I get an "Reboot or Select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected boot device and press a key" message.
Can someone help me to restore mi notebook?
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: UEFI booting

Post by Pierre »

have a look at this tutorial:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=163126

- see if anything in that, can help out.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
lostfarmer

Post by lostfarmer »

This might not be part of your problem. On my ASUS X551MA must be connected to the net or will get a Grub install error (EFI booting) , but on my ASUS X401a1 did not need to be on the net. So not sure about your ASUS. You do not need to put a check to download updates, but it will download langage packs and what ever Grub needs.
Loloto

Post by Loloto »

Thank you
I resolved this according to this page https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Insta ... I-and-BIOS
cheers :D

Return to “Installation & Boot”