No image when running Felicia live CD

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: No image when running Felicia live CD

Post by Husse »

Have you checked the md5sum and burned as slow as possible?
Did you try compatibility mode? (Press any key while the live CD counts down)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Post by Guest »

You can check the DVD, but it is really common in my experience for the new kernels to drop support for older hardware. My old laptop won't run many new Linux versions, but run the old ones fine. Even Knoppix 5.3 won't boot on my laptop, but 5.1 works fine.

IMF
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

Qcumber,

You are certainly not alone with this type issue. I have had a similar experience with my system. Mint 3, 4, and 5 worked great, but Mint 6 fell flat on its face. However, it is not Mint that is the problem, it is Xorg. With that one click into "compatibility mode," everything then flowed smoothly.

So, anyone who is reading this thread and has had the Live CD just flake out, please click any key during boot, choose "compatibility mode," and you will probably have no further problems after that. Good luck.
Husse

Post by Husse »

What is the trick?
Some of the boot options for grub + that it uses the vesa video driver
Quite a few nvidia cards (and some ATI) can't use the default open source video driver but any card can use the vesa driver (at least to my knowledge)

Return to “Installation & Boot”