PLEASE REMOVE ADMIN

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

PLEASE REMOVE ADMIN

Postby JohnS on Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:00 pm

I never installd a os s stable os until bout a month ago and i dont understand how to use these Term... and commands and ive had massive amounts viruis in the past i look at entirly too much **** from pic hunter...i tell u this cause if it will help i dont care i jus want this computer working..please im a retard....

gigabyte mother board i think says dual bios
maxor 6l200p0
amd atholon 1gig
1.434gig of ram (dnt ask)
e.Gforce4 mx4400
creativelabs (md# CT4780)
old ass lg burner
and old ass plexor burner (Px-W8432Ti)
external i/on macig 20x dvd daul layer with lightscribe)

so i had xp pro sp2 with a old patch for activation
bought the real copy of it with sp2 student media edition installed but kept crashing after couple months then it told me i have used thos product key code too many time yata yata yata..used kill disk wiped everything(i think) tried to install mint 5 "Elyssa" stalls at various points tryin to install ..evrytime partioner will have a prob..please im tired of ms im in ohio a guy at a local comp shop turned me on to mint i love the live cd wish i could install....anything will help
Last edited by JohnS on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
A Windows user will not endear himself by bringing his habitual attitudes over to Linux, to put it lightly....The Newbie with His Foot in His Mouth
JohnS
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: I'm new to this please help..fu..ms

Postby hopetoregistersoon on Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:23 pm

what part/parts exactly does it stall??
are you trying to dual boot? if not are you trying to conserve any data on the drive??
at the partitioning what options did you select??

here are screenshots of installation=>http://www.linuxdynasty.org/linux-mint-5-elyssa-install-screenshots.html
more resources here=>http://www.linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php/Troubleshooting_your_Live_CD

get back if you still stranded
hopetoregistersoon

Postby JohnS on Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:04 pm

it stops at "Starting up the partioner" 46% scaning disk...

:evil: now i have got it to go past this before but it gave me some error message told me to cancel or retry i hit retry and it went further but hung somewhere else i let it sit for awhile came back it had rebooted to windows i wanted windows and all its inhabitants gone and all info that was ever stored on it..fu..ms!!!
:twisted:
A Windows user will not endear himself by bringing his habitual attitudes over to Linux, to put it lightly....The Newbie with His Foot in His Mouth
JohnS
Level 1
Level 1

Postby hopetoregistersoon on Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:38 pm

OK, So you want all data erased. if that's correct

try to run live cd. Then from menu go to systems and run partition editor and format the drive. if that is successful. Exit partition and try to install again and select use entire disk.
hopetoregistersoon

Postby JohnS on Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:06 am

ok i read thewbie section an d/l and printed the user guide for elyssa got to boot and install but seems to b laging at 25% this norm?
JohnS
Level 1
Level 1

Postby JohnS on Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:21 am

it froze up at 25% the whole pc ..rebooted and its jus past 50% we'll see... :evil:
JohnS
Level 1
Level 1

Postby JohnS on Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:52 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
oh ya its on there....sry its been weeks now onto drivers cu in another forum

thanx

admin can close
JohnS
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Installation & Boot